top hinge popped on a F150 driver door

My son had the top hinge popped in his 2003 F150 driver side door by the wind. He opened the door in a sandstorm out at his Marine base at 29 Palms and the wind grabbed the door and threw it open before he could react. The hinge is about 1/8" away from the door frame. Does anyone know how about much this will cost him to get fixed ? My plan is to take it back to the Ford dealer that we bought it from 3 years ago. BTW, the door is rubbing on the door frame at the front so I am planning on getting this fixed after he leaves for Iraq next week.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Without seeing it, I'm not sure anyone can give you an estimate of the cost. It depends on what exactly was damaged. Also, shop rates for body work vary widely depending on your location.

My prayers are with your son.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

It depends on what exactly was damaged. Also, shop

That is what I figured. As soon as I get rid of this flu I am going to take it in. I am hoping that it is less than $500 to fix but I suspect I am short. The door and the frame are rubbing so some of the paint is starting to flake off.

Thank you. His name is Michael. His mother and I are very proud of him and very apprehensive for him. His battalion is well experienced as this is their 4th trip to Iraq.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

I'd be honored to add him to our church prayer list if you'd allow it. Send a message to my email address if you like.

I'm sure you're very proud. Thank you for training your son to have character and to stand for our great nation.

CJB

cost. It depends on what exactly was damaged. Also, shop

Reply to
CJB

Please pray for all the soldiers and especially the 25,000 Marines in Iraq. They seem to be harm's way more and more nowadays. The Marines in particular are in the worst of the spots due to their go-get-em attitude and awesome training regime. I even saw that the President sent Marines to the Phillipines yesterday to help dig out those poor people in the mudslide.

You are welcome. He did most of it himself. The corrollary to that was him giving me his will when he left. If he is killed then he wants his death insurance ($400,000) to go to his girfriend to help her finish college and to establish college funds for his cousins. I pray fervently that I do not have to do that.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

Our Pastor was a Marine Drill Sgt, so we're pretty patriotic at our church.

Being in the DC metro area, we have a lot of military members. I'll be sure to mention your son.

CJB

Reply to
CJB