Towing with 2001 Explorer Sport 4X4

Greetings, all. Newbie here. I've searched the groups but can't find the needed answers. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Got a 2001 Explorer Sport 4X4 with 50,000 miles on it and need to tow
a recently purchased boat (about 3,500 lbs for boat and trailer). I got the boat home with my old mini-pickup but it's obvious that won't do the trick for longer trips. This load is within the tow rating of the Explorer and I've got a class III hitch and hope to install it this weekend. Does anyone here have any practical experience towing with this vehicle? Are there any additional upgrades or equipment I should look at?
Thanks in advance!

I would explore having a trans cooler installed. They can make a big difference.

Dont just EXPLORE it.. do it.
You can put a gonzo cooler on there since the NJ area doesnt get all that cold.
Cooler the trans fluid is, (within obvious limits) the longer the life of the tranny.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Put it on the road this weekend and gotta say the Explorer Sport tows that bigass boat and tandem trailer with no problem. Added Gabriel Hijacker air shocks in addition to the hitch, and when spring rolls around I'll add a tranny cooler.
Again, if anyone has practical experience (good OR bad) with specific tranny coolers for this vehicle please let me know!