Town Car 2003 Cartier Power Trunk Problem

Hello All,
I am having a problem with my Town Car.
It's a 2003 Lincoln Town Car. With my keyless entry pod, when I press to unlock/lock the doors, everything works fine.
But, when I click my pod to open the power trunk (and even when i use the button on the driver side door), it does not open. (I do hear a light -click-click- type sound, as if it did send some type of signal as it used to. I now have to use my key to manually open the trunk.
When I open the trunk with the key, it opens fine, nothing in the way, and when I manually close it (when it nears the bottom), the motor closes the trunk automatically, as it should.
Is this an electronic problem, or could it be a programming feature?
Any help would be deeply appreciated!
replying to MM, Garcia P wrote: The same thing is happening to my 03 LTC, I read some common faults that is the actuator motor, but I don't think that's the problem because there is no lights too, I tried to play with the black box that says DELPHI I unplug it and plug it in and the lights wanted to comeback but ther is a noise and nothing happens, but I think is that black box, I tried to buy one on eBay is not to expensive but then I read that is going to need some codes from the dealer, I'm not so sure about it, if anyone fix that problem please share Thanks
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 20:18:00 +0000, Garcia P

Well, thank GOODNESS you replied to that post from 2004 - I just hope the OP hasn't been sitting around for ELEVEN years waiting for a reply.

I thought the same thing at first, until I read the whole post. He's really asking for help with his car, not offering a solution to the original post :-) (My guess is English is not his primary language.)
--
SC Tom

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:15:20 -0800, Evan Platt

He posted from http://www.motorsforum.com/ford/town-car-2003-cartier-power-trunk-problem-71210-.htm using MotorsForum's Web, Mobile and Social Media Interface to alt.autos.ford and other automotive groups
Typical clueless web-poster.

Yep, that may be right.
But for chrissake, start a new thread, don't reply to a 11 year old post....

Good point, but he probably came across that article from a Google search, and figured that would be a good place to look for a reply/solution to his problem. Just guessing all this; I don't know Garcia P.
--
SC Tom