Toyota Corolla 1994 Speedometer Problem

Hello,
My speedometer works off & on, but the mph is incorrect.
It will jump up to 60 mph when I'm only going around 35 mph.
Also when I use the brakes it will suddenly drop to 0 mph when I'm
going around 35 mph still.
Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
you will get a better response to this question in a toyoda news group. this is a ford newsgroup

If something THAT simple needs to be explained to him.... imagine what something a little more complex like a logical process of elimination might do...
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 23:25:04 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Or like posting to the correct group.