Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

The only Toyota truck made in the US is their small truck that is assembled in the GM/Toyota plant in California. GM, Ford and Dodge make the vast majority of the trucks they sell in the US, in the US of American parts.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Several years ago the NYC Taxi Commission permitted a three year test to judge FWD cars and minivans for suitability as taxis in the city. Taxi companies bought domestic and foreign brands for use as taxis, hoping to same money. Within three months they were showing up in repair shops. Within two years nearly 90% had been taken out of service. At the end of the test only RWD vehicles were allowed to be use as Taxis in NYC..

The average NYC CV Taxi has on 300,000,000 miles on the clock and some are run up to a million miles before being replaced. Many actually start out as former police vehicles..When I still owned my fleet service business Ford had around 80% of the corporate fleet business on the east cost. Our meticulous maintenance records over many years showed that Ford vehicles were the most cost effect to own, long term, based on the cost of acquisition, insurance, maintenance, repair, parts and vehicle replacement costs. No other manufacture even came close in that regard. I was that experience that led me to switch for Lexus V8s I had been buying to the Lincoln LS V8 in 1999. The kicker was I saved nearly enough money switching that I was able to buy my first in a series of Mustang GT convertibles ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I quess you never heard of Hondas ongoing brake problems have you ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I agree. They intentionally pursued the low-cost, mediocre-car strategy, ceding the "best of class" status to cars like the Accord.

Reply to
dizzy

Hehe.

Snap!

Reply to
dizzy

Every consider using paragraphs, "Mike". I for one never read those verbose messes you leave. Of course, I know it's all bullshit anyway, coming from you.

Reply to
dizzy

Wrong, idiot, and since yo know it's wrong, that makes you a liar as well.

Some Americans, too stubborn and/or stupid to even consider the foreign competition, yes. Also those for whom mediocrity suits them fine.

Reply to
dizzy

(top posting corrected)

Because it's probably true. If for nothing else, they'll probably declare bankruptcy to get out of their union deals, just like the airlines have had to do.

Idiot liar. No, they do not.

Also, what's the trend of Ford and GM's market share, "Mike"?

Reply to
dizzy

tundras are made in texas....

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Perhaps where you live the may come from the new plant, but I didn't know that plant was in production yet. The ones I see on the east coast are assemble in Indiana and show a '5.'

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The tend has been down.but GM and Ford still sell more vehicles than all of Japanese brands combined. The three domestics sell more the 57% of all the vehicle sold in the US, whether you believe that or not makes no difference in that fact.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Please enlighten us. Post the total cars sales for GM and total car sales for Toyota for 2005 so we can see which statement is correct. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

(top posting corrected)

Idiot. You're changing your story to "in the US" and also to include "the three domestics".

Reply to
dizzy

Smoking that loco weed again eh? LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Or the tranny problems with the Honda Pilot/Acura MDX that cost over $7K to fix....

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Doesn't make a damn what they sell, Mike. They are approaching bankruptcy. If they lose money on every car, it is hard to make up the difference on volume.

Financial gurus, banks, etc all predict that bankruptcy is the most likely outcome for GM and Ford, and perhaps is their salvation.

Reply to
<HLS

It is a freaking shame that someone didn't push the button on plastic plenums, then. Or shitteaux gaskets.. Or crappola transmissions... Or substandard body integrity...

Having a quality meeting doesnt mean anything. Producing quality, a foreign concept to GM and Ford, does.

Reply to
<HLS

Hi Mike,

The problem is that most of us don't care if a car can go a million miles if you keep on replacing parts. Most of us just want cars that will go 100,000 miles without replacing any parts. That is why the imports are winning.

Reply to
Art

So...you're saying you think GM's exec's in Detroit are more likely to read this here, in this NG, than in their own paper? Face it. You're just another dirt bag trying to stir up shit in a GM group.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

OK. Most of us don't have a lot of time for our cars to be in the shop any more. That's why I own a Toyota. Sure I could own a GM, but by the time I had 50,000 miles on my old S-10 it was already nickel-and-diming me on repairs, and seemed to be in the shop as much as it was out.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles