Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Page 12 of 13
Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

Why do lying, top-posting idiots see attacks on Bush where there is none?
Why do bottom posting nuts like you post political stuff in automobile NG?
mike hunt

which is over inflated, by slowing the GROWTH.of the dollar. ;)

Why are losers always the first one's to resort to name calling and insults?
My statement concerns the aggregate sum total of economic issues from the past to the present.
wrote: > >> I assume mental midgets do not know how to or care to distinguish fact >> (i.e., country of ownership, balance of payments for debtor nation (US) >> versus non debtor nation (Japan), manufacturer country of origin, >> real estate property tax abatement for non domestic manufacturers, >> rice steel versus real steel, rice glass versus real glass, when will the >> Japanese call in our debt) from opinion (i.e., GM, Ford and Chrysler >> designs and executives are bad), and the popularity of any brand of >> vehicles doesn't change opinions about it to facts or vice-versa. > Correction; it's now when will China call in their debt. > China has been supporting the USA deficit for some time by buying USA > treasury bills. Several hundred billion and counting.
What correction?
The US may be be able to solve many problems by simply export Wally World The Big Box Store to China!
wrote: > > > >> I assume mental midgets do not know how to or care to distinguish > fact > >> (i.e., country of ownership, balance of payments for debtor nation > (US) > >> versus non debtor nation (Japan), manufacturer country of origin, > >> real estate property tax abatement for non domestic manufacturers, > >> rice steel versus real steel, rice glass versus real glass, when will > the > >> Japanese call in our debt) from opinion (i.e., GM, Ford and Chrysler > >> designs and executives are bad), and the popularity of any brand of > >> vehicles doesn't change opinions about it to facts or vice-versa. > > Correction; it's now when will China call in their debt. > > China has been supporting the USA deficit for some time by buying USA > > treasury bills. Several hundred billion and counting. > >

major portion of debt holdings because the domino effect would reverberate worldwide, and the results may be a global economic meltdown leading to armed conflict. The last thing someone like China needs is for the Russians; weakened as they may be, they still hold a nuclear advantage over china; to launch a campaign to accumulate wealth. Look back at the history of armed conflict and you see that economic strife is the base cause. Japan's need for raw resources of which it had been deprived leading into WW2. Germany, where people carried baskets filled with Deutsche marks just to buy a loaf of bread. China is not stupid. Neither is Japan, which needs the US might to help protect them from China. You should be more worried about some third world country who had nothing, and nothing to lose and everything to gain, by throwing a nuke... even if it's the only one they possess.
--
Spike
Investors from other countries invest for the same reason anyone else invests, a good return on their investment. The reason people from other countries invest in the US, be it their funds or capital in new facilities like the foreign manufactures, is the same reason Americans invest in America, the largest, best, most dynamic, secure, ever growing economy in the world, period. The US economy ALWAYS leads the other economies one the way UP and it is the last to follow other economies on the way DOWN. Regardless of what some would like us to believe the US economy is strong and growing exponentially today. Faster and better than any other in the world, by far. ;)

I assume people know how to distinguish between fact (failure rates, costs, labor hours) and opinion (design and leadership are bad), and the popularity of a brand of vehicles doesn't change facts about it to opinions or vice-versa..
Maybe the ones who should go bankruptcy is toyota after making such ugly cars

Who cares? I haven't owned a GM for 25 years, and it was clear to me after I dumped THAT piece of crap, that I would never own another one.
Heck, I even like my Chryslers better than those hunks of junk!

Both GM and Ford assembly workers have quality group meetings and have for years. In addition they can stop the line as well by simply hitting the stop button, located at each station. ;)
mike hunt

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:10:43 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

That's only so they can sit and talk about what they absolutely need to do. Think bare minimum.
Knotty wrote:

It is a freaking shame that someone didn't push the button on plastic plenums, then. Or shitteaux gaskets.. Or crappola transmissions... Or substandard body integrity...
Having a quality meeting doesnt mean anything. Producing quality, a foreign concept to GM and Ford, does.
You forgot to say in my opinion, since both GM and Ford sell millions more of their vehicles annually in the US than any foreign manufacture. You are entitled to your opinion, but obviously your opinion is that of a minority.
mike hunt

No, apparently it isn't a minority. The complaints are massive.
Nobody gives a shit how many vehicles GM and Ford sell, Mike. Americans even bought the Yugo.
Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

You are lying again, "Mike". Check out Consumer reports, and see where all the black dots are. LOL!
Dear Mike, I do not know what dream world you live but let me share some real world experience with you. In my life I have owned, Mustang, F150, Taurus, Contour, Impala, Silverado, 280ZX, 240SX, Caprice, and now a Sebring. can say without a doubt that not only are the foreign made cars better quality but they hold their value....
Look at what has happened to Mercedes since the merger... gone to hell... same thing with Volvo and Ford.
Current car 2002 Sebring Convertible LXi is a total piece of shit.... within 3 years it has developed some serious issues including the AC/Heat blower motor refusing to operate no matter the mechanics do. If it were not a lease it would have been back in the dealers show room, whether or not he opened the doors!!!! Oh and by the why if Chrysler thinks they make such good vehicle why do they not stand behind them. The rotors warped on the Sebring in less than 15,000 miles, dealer said tough luck.... Even Ford warranties their stuff better..not much.
So come down off your "American made" high horse, its just not true... I am a red blooded American too....but I can see the truth....
Look at the consumer reports reliability ratings,,,, hell even look at the the predicted reliabilty ratings..... I think there might be one American made car on the list....
My next car will either be a Lexus or Toyota of some kind
If you believe CR, than your more of an idiot than I thought.

We must be lucky. My wife's 2001 Sebring sedan has had ZERO problems. Runs like a charm.
However there are a few small things I don't like about the design, one being the very limited forward foot room for tall front seat passengers.