Toyota quality

Page 2 of 5
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Or American Design. Toyota designs cars in the US, too.
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:30:35 -0500, dr_jeff wrote:

And the Japanese versions aren't having any trouble.
On 31/01/2010 1:26 PM, Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

They didn't buy US CAW made.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

A North American supplier was needed - the spec was released and the part now being recalled was built - not identical to the Denso part, apparently.
On 31/01/2010 12:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sorry, American made by an American corporation assembed in a CAW union plant in Ontario. Put in the vehicle by American UAW in California.
Japanese wouldn't import the crap I suspect.
Canuck57 wrote:

There was the Toyota Voltz, which was a Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix that was rebadged for sale in Japan. It sold poorly, around 10,000.
Jeff

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:25:18 -0500, Tom wrote:

Who dumped WHO?!
I think you have that backwards. Before I say what I'm going to say, bear in mind GM has had about 15 times the number of recalls as Toyota.
Toyota ended the relationship with GM. I think it's because GM just didn't care.
NOW LYAO.
On 30/01/2010 1:49 PM, Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

Looks like GM walked away from pontiac owners....
http://jalopnik.com/5303761/gm-says-goodbye-to-toyota-partnership-ships-nummi-to-old-gm
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1033610_gm-ends-25-year-nummi-partnership-with-toyota
GM walked away.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:21:56 -0700, Canuck57 wrote:

http://jalopnik.com/5303761/gm-says-goodbye-to-toyota-partnership-ships-nummi-to-old-gm
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1033610_gm-ends-25-year-nummi-partnership-with-toyota
Yeah, I know that. Toyota was trying to help them build a higher quality car. Gm figured it didn't serve the shareholders to make cars a little better. "We're losing money on every car we sell, but we'll make it up on volume."
On 30/01/2010 9:16 PM, Hachiroku wrote:

GM probably couldn't make enough for management bonuses, super fat pensions, Wagoner's take and the political contributions. Plus Toyota probably made GM pay it's bills or no cars.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Double nothing is still nothing.
On 31/01/2010 10:25 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Where did you get the idea that GM losing money on every car we sell? You do not seem to know much about the cost of doing business. Perhaps you are confusing build costs with the cost to doing business. The fact is GM makes money on every vehicle it sells. The COST has been spending billions to restructure and to revamp and develop the latest in electric vehicle technology. That is why they are currently not showing a profit

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:13:30 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

Then this is fairly recent, because the last review I saw showed that GM was losing money selling cars, but making it up on financials.
In fact the REASON GM had to be bailed out wsasn't because of losing money selling cars (which they were) but because the Financial arm started losing money as well, led by losses at Ditech.
The "we lose money on every car we sell..." was an old joke. Or was it?
All through the 90's Gm was, in fact losing money on car sales. Only the Financial division was keeping it afloat. Well documented many, many times in the WSJ.