Trading in Bronco for...

What do you guys think of the Ranger?
I ask cause my Bronco is killing me. It gets 10mpg in city (15 on the highway). During the last cold snap, I used $10/day in gas. No shit! It runs good, hauls everything and more, but... 5350lbs dry, 351, ouch.
I'm thinking a 2000 Ranger, massive lift kit, suspension and tires. I know the history of the Ranger (B-Series), but wondering who has experienced them in real life....?
Brad

Assume you're also inquiring on ford-trucks.com
you pay..DEAL with it!
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:43:27 GMT, "BradandBrooks"

During the last cold snap, I used $10/day in gas. No shit! It runs good, hauls everything and more, but... 5350lbs dry, 351, ouch.

history of the Ranger (B-Series), but wondering who has experienced them in real life....?

I'm thinking that perhaps this approach:

Might negatively affect fuel consumption.
Think weight, rolling resistance, wind resistance, inertia, etc, etc You can't move that amount of machinery and still get 50 mpg.
A Ranger outfitted as you described might hit 18mpg on the highway (if it could even reach highway speeds).
Are you sure that Emperor Paul Martin would even approve of such a gas guzzler in Canada?