trans problem??

on my marquis ,i am trying to get the trans out,92(4.6),4R70W,big problem??tyring to get to the two bolts on the engine to trans bellhousing,the garage and dealership tell me they remove the trans support and by lowering the trans it will produce enough room to get to them by way of long extensions,this is fine if your car is 6 to 8 feet up in the air and you are using a regular trans jack allowing room to manouver and do this.however on a cold garage floor with the front jacked up as high as i can get(can useally do them this way,have pulled many this way)and little clearence to move around in,not only is the jack lowering the trans now in my way where i need to be and see with no where to move to but it's dam near impossible now to do it this way.only the two top bolts are holding things up and i can;t afford the amount of money the shops want,isn't there another way like getting them from under the hood,is it possible to remove the wipers,shroud or whatever i need to to get to them from the top??? any ideas will be helpful. bob

Reply to
robert -wanda fox