Transaxle fluid

I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL 24 valve.
I want to change the transaxle fluid myself. Does this type of car only use Fords Type F transaxle fluid?
Where is the transaxle filter located? Is there more than one
transaxle filter? How many quarts of fluid does it need?
How hard is it to change the transaxle fluid?
Oh my...
Your transmission requires Mercon V, which is nothing like type F. The filter is in the pan. You really should replace all the fluid. There is a proceedure, and I guess you could learn. I'd seriously consider paying someone to do this if I were you.
FMI, see www.tauruscarclub.com
CJ