Transit window probs

Hi Guys
I got a ford transit custom 100 on a R plate, I have a prob with the electric window on the drivers side, It will not go up or down. I think it
may be the switch so I tried the passenger side switch on the window. Should this of worked or are they wired differently?
Many Thanks
Andy

If the switch has the same part # it should have worked if that was the problem... but it USUALLY is the motor either bound up by dried lube or failed motor itself. often the former case...THATS Providing you hear nothing when you try it.
But look closely and see if lights dim slightly when you try it with engine off.
BTW: it helps for us NA freaks if you translate the reg plate to year.
Andy, you might try this... I have a 97 US version Ford Taurus. One day, the driver's window wouldn't go up. I stopped by a body shop that I know and the owner said that sometimes as they age, the motors bind up because they are a series of magnets, not the traditional copper winding. He gave the inside door panel a good smack with his hand, and the motor worked. He said it was possible it could fail again that day or it might last another 10 years. (He was pretty nice about it..."because it's Saturday, I won't even charge you..." hah hah). Anyway, hope this helps.

Hi Thanks for that ive since took the motor off and its burnt out carnt find one in the breakers anywhere now looking to find an equivelant on another vehicle thanks any way.