Transit window probs

Hi Guys

I got a ford transit custom 100 on a R plate, I have a prob with the electric window on the drivers side, It will not go up or down. I think it may be the switch so I tried the passenger side switch on the window. Should this of worked or are they wired differently?

Many Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy

"Andy" wrote in news:747Ee.5744$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

If the switch has the same part # it should have worked if that was the problem... but it USUALLY is the motor either bound up by dried lube or failed motor itself. often the former case...THATS Providing you hear nothing when you try it.

But look closely and see if lights dim slightly when you try it with engine off.

BTW: it helps for us NA freaks if you translate the reg plate to year.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
sglasser

Hi Thanks for that ive since took the motor off and its burnt out carnt find one in the breakers anywhere now looking to find an equivelant on another vehicle thanks any way.

Reply to
Andy