transmission

This is a 96 Windstar - on the gear lever the auto overdrive button is very dimly lit. The transmission is in overdrive. Is this normal? It is only noticable at night and I can't really recall if its always been
on and I just never noticed it before. Or does this mean there's an error code from the transmission?
Normal. The Overdrive in turned on each time you start the engine by default. To turn if off you need to press the button yourself. The same is true for electronic traction control.