Transmission Fluid Filler Tube Removal

My 1998 Ford Contour is leaking transmission fluid where the rubber seal is. How do I remove the filler tube? Is it threaded, or does it just pull out?

Thanks!

Reply to
GoBigOrange40778

go to

and get the best informed info from people who have had this problem.... but i think that you have one screw holding down the part of the tube that goes into the trans. remove the one screw and then pull it out and then put new O-ring on the dip stick tube and install and put the screw back in......

Reply to
jim

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I actually just went to the contour.org site and it is so big it is overwhelming. I am going to look for the screw and peruse the site a little bit more.

Brian

Reply to
GoBigOrange40778

Hey Jim Thanks,

I got the filler tube out. Unfortunately the O-ring looks okay. I was hoping it would be dry-rotted or torn which would confirm my suspicions that the fluid was leaking from there.

Brian.

Reply to
GoBigOrange40778

even if the O-ring looks OK, replace it and clean up where it is mated to so it will seal correctly.... you did say it was leaking from there didn't you?

Reply to
jim

Reply to
GoBigOrange40778