Transmission front pump seal

Hi folks, My elderly mother had a mechanic tell her that the front pump seal on her transmission is starting to leak and should be replaced. This is a
1995 Sable 3.0L. Is this something that the average guy could do, or are we talking about taking the tranny out or other complicated stuff? Thanks in advance for any advice or help. Regards, John
John J wrote:

On this tranny, have your mechanic check to make sure that the vent tube is open. This would be a tough fix for the do-it-your-selfer because the tranny would have to be pulled.
John, ONe would consider some seeping in this area normal. I would weigh how much is leaking and consder not fixing the leak. Scott
John J wrote:

Thanks for the info guys...I did drop it off at the Transmission shop this morning. Hoping for the best(which I know can be dicey with Ford Transmissions).Thanks.. JJ