Transmission Lines to Radiator

How much pressure do these lines carry? I need to replace my '93 Taurus radiator (orig. post on 10/12), and I'm having fits with the tranny line fittings. Can I cut the lines, and then splice them back together with hose?
Thanks.
-- jwald
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza - Godfather I
JWald opined in

High pressure fuel hose works fine.... about 45 lbs.
Proceed at your own risk; those pressure couplings to the radiator are there for a reason. If the connectors don't line up and/or screw on as they should, you have the wrong replacement radiator.
JWald wrote:

Get yourself a flaring tool and make your own lines. That's what I did when a V-Belt broke and turned my transmission cooling lines into pretzels.
JWald wrote:

Best way is to ake up new steel lines, but if you use hoses to splice it, put two hose clamps at each end instead of one. They'll stay on and it won't leak.
--
Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.

JWald wrote:

you can disconnect one of the lines and put it on the radiator off the car then then make the connection back on this short tubing... i had the same problem.. not enough room to get your hands in there to get to the stuff.... and i got small hands... the guy with big hands will have a real problem......