Transmission Lines to Radiator

How much pressure do these lines carry? I need to replace my '93 Taurus radiator (orig. post on 10/12), and I'm having fits with the tranny line fittings. Can I cut the lines, and then splice them back together with hose? Thanks.

-- jwald

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza - Godfather I

Reply to
JWald

JWald opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com:

High pressure fuel hose works fine.... about 45 lbs.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Reply to
getupand

Best way is to ake up new steel lines, but if you use hoses to splice it, put two hose clamps at each end instead of one. They'll stay on and it won't leak.

Reply to
max-income

you can disconnect one of the lines and put it on the radiator off the car then then make the connection back on this short tubing... i had the same problem.. not enough room to get your hands in there to get to the stuff.... and i got small hands... the guy with big hands will have a real problem......

Reply to
jim