Transmission Problem 1992 Madza Navjo (Ford Explorer)

I have a 1992 2 door Madza Navjo (Ford Explorer) which was built by the Ford Motor Company. This vehicle has a 5 speed automatic transmission just over

100,000 miles. When I drive the vehicle from a cold start and stop at a stop sign or red light while the transmission is in drive, the transmission stops responding in the drive position then a few seconds later the transmission responds. It is something like the transmission is in drive when I make a stop then after I make a stop it like the transmission is in the neutral setting.
Reply to
MSteve