Transmission Problem - No upshift from 2-3

I have a 1994 Ford Taurus Gl Sedan 3.8L with either a 3 speed overdrive or a 4 speed overdrive transmission.
It has had a transmission leak, but now it won't upshift from 2-3 gear, and
it won't throttle up when you press the gas all the way to the floor.
Am I looking at a new transmission - the car has 133,000 miles on it. It has been revving high at stop and then it is like it shifts down.
Could it be the torque converter? How much am I looking at in repairs? Can I drive to look for a replacement car as long as stay at 45 mph or below?
sounds like the torqe converter is bad the part alone is $150.00 and laber is going to be high i would not drive it cause if it is the torqe it will burn up the transmission the torqe make the trans fluid rotate the the trans i would have the trans rebuilt it cost about 1500.00
I have a 1994 Ford Taurus Gl Sedan 3.8L with either a 3 speed overdrive or a 4 speed overdrive transmission.
It has had a transmission leak, but now it won't upshift from 2-3 gear, and it won't throttle up when you press the gas all the way to the floor.
Am I looking at a new transmission - the car has 133,000 miles on it. It has been revving high at stop and then it is like it shifts down.
Could it be the torque converter? How much am I looking at in repairs? Can I drive to look for a replacement car as long as stay at 45 mph or below?
Sounds to me like you are low on transmission fliud...
Gerald