Transmission Problems 93 Taurus

I have a 93 Taurus with about 126,000 miles on it. When I make a slow turn and come out of the turn, it is like the car is choking and it lunges several times. Also, when I am driving on the road, the
transmission sporadically (but not that often) misses. In the past the transmission acted up and a "power flush" of transmission fluid fixed the problem. However, in the past I never had the "slow turn" problem. I am wondering now whether a power flush would fix the problem or whether I would just be wasting my money to get a power flush.
Thanks,
JD
snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com wrote:

My friend had the same symptoms with his 93' Taurus a few years ago. The transmission down shifted roughly when he accelerated, after slowing down in a turn. It would sometimes do this without turning. He tried replacing the fluid and filter but the transmission had to be rebuilt to make it shift properly again. The Taurus/Sable automatic transmissions were known to have problems for most of their production years. I don't know if Ford ever corrected this before the line was dropped. Let us know what you find out with yours.
It may be the Vehicle Speed Sensor located on the passenger side of the transmission, where the axle comes out. This sensor tells the computer how fast the car is moving. When it goes out, you will have shifting problem, like you described. It will also cause the cruise control to work sporadically.