Transmission Problems 93 Taurus

I have a 93 Taurus with about 126,000 miles on it. When I make a slow turn and come out of the turn, it is like the car is choking and it lunges several times. Also, when I am driving on the road, the transmission sporadically (but not that often) misses. In the past the transmission acted up and a "power flush" of transmission fluid fixed the problem. However, in the past I never had the "slow turn" problem. I am wondering now whether a power flush would fix the problem or whether I would just be wasting my money to get a power flush.

Thanks,

JD

Reply to
DaileyJohn.20.decij

My friend had the same symptoms with his 93' Taurus a few years ago. The transmission down shifted roughly when he accelerated, after slowing down in a turn. It would sometimes do this without turning. He tried replacing the fluid and filter but the transmission had to be rebuilt to make it shift properly again. The Taurus/Sable automatic transmissions were known to have problems for most of their production years. I don't know if Ford ever corrected this before the line was dropped. Let us know what you find out with yours.

Reply to
Fordfan

Reply to
Beltman713