Transmission Question

Hello All !!!

Well I have had this 1993 aerostar for about 2 weeks now and the transmission is now not working only about 10% of the time.

The van starts right up now after a new battery was installed, but after stepping on the brake and shifting into

(R, (D), D, 2nd, 1st) the trans most offen will not shift into these gears and will ack like it is in (N).

I would like to know if anyone here would have any clue or know what the problem could be.

The van is fully loaded and there seems to be a bunch of minnor repairs, but this problem is a bit more then I seem to be able to fix without help.

it has just over 314,000 kilmators or something like 196,000 miles and is in very good condition.

I am not sure if this will matter, but after 2 days of having it is when the problem started and I noticed the right brake light had blowen.

Reply to
MickeyMagic