transponder key situation, but no key: Ford Explorer

So, you've examined every possible re-flash out there and determined that not a single one of them contains (in your words) an 'executable?"

Really? So how do they load any programming to begin with?

Well?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

're-flash' refers to FlashROM. If you are changing the FlashROM then

99% of the time you are what I call reprogramming or changing the executable. We can create programs that store data in FlashROM, but Flash was meant to be written to a limited number of times. OEM generally will not allow us to use FlashROM for non-static data.

There is a small piece of code that is always there and is not changeable. Generally called the BIOS. Its built into the hardware. One of its purposes is to enable you to store a program that will later run.

I certainly will not be saying. With as much as I talk about here the lawyers would have fun making themselves 'usefull.' Not that I give out secret info. But you never know what folks will try to claim is secret these days. Its an American Company.

Reply to
dnoyeB

So, it is re-programming.

Considering that you've been talking in circles, that is probably a wise choice.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

we program all car key keys 30.00 and programing 40.00 u have to have a tool to do most cars but not the gm,s the tools well cost you 5,000.00 up to do all the car we got an ngs tool for fordthat was 4,000.00 and dart

Reply to
Floyd and Wanda Tucker

I can't believe I wasted this much time talking to a troll that has not a single positive/usefull thing to say.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Yep I am goin to TOP POST THIS. Nehmo, I am a 2000 Ford Ranger Owner, suffice it to say you have to have 2 keys if you want to program a key for yourself. If you dont, well see you at the dealership. I am also located in Eastern Kansas, but it works the same no matter where you are in the CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES. I am not exactly sure what the newest cars have on them now, but that DOESNT MATTER. We are talking about a '01' Ford Explorer, not a GM vehicle. This damn post has gotten out of control here. If you have 2 programmed keys for the vehicle in question then it will take about 10min to program a new key (UP TO 8 KEYS CAN BE PROGRAMMED) I have done this on my truck so I can have 4 keys, its simple and if you can READ the owners manual, then this post can DIE. Ok PK

Reply to
pkurtz2

if your going to put it that way and also cross-post ?

---snip---

Reply to
'Key