Troubles with 1990 ford aerostar van

Page 2 of 2
I cut my teeth driving in the U.S.Army and I drove everything from a 5ton to a jeap and a APC tracked carrier and I've owned over 65 cars and 2 trucks
and you are telling me I don't know anything. At the age of 59 I have done a lot of engine works on cars and some trucks too, you can't even hold a light to what I have done and what I know, but I had asked the question because this is the first van I've owned and worked on.
--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

No, it's closer to a Ford Ranger with a van body on it. An Aerostar IS a truck. Not a gussied up station wagon like a Winstar. It shares virtually all of it's running gear with the old Ranger pickup truck (and the little Bronco)

The old 250 I had some years ago didn't have do v6, it had a 429 engine in it and it ran even with the head gasket blowing out at one spot, I was working on fixing it when a guy offered 3 times what I had gotten it for so I sold it to him, last time I saw him he was in the truck with a total 429 in it and a camper on it's backside. I had it running for almost a year. This thing only has a v6 that the only way to do anything major to it would be to remove the engine from the body, heck my old GMC step van over in Hawaii was easyer to work on than this. But I do now now why the starter doesn't run, the solnoid on the engine wall above the battery is dead, I got me a good pice of wire and made the jump and the starter turned over right away. So now I'll have to take the 3.5 mile one way walk up to the parts place next week and get a new one to repace this one with.
--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Teknical wrote:

Teknical- You've made the PERFECT statement that should be the reply to 95% of the posts here!
...still chuckling over this thread...!!! all 24v of it!
-SP
Starlord wrote:

The battery will gas out quickly over 14.5 volts. 18 volts? No way.
Rob
OK
I don't know much about this all and the negativity here on this subject. What I would do is have a helper turn the key and the shade tree mechanic will tap the starter with something like a hammer or wooden thing. If the starter is bad or going bad, sometimes a tap on the starter will make it turn the engine. I'm not saying to slam the starter hard or anything only tap it. Hope this helps. Gregory :)

the
be
I'm printout out your message and see if I can jeryrig it up somehow after I check the connections and all. In this traipler park I get almost zero help doing anything myself.

Telescope Buyers FAQ