Truck Will NOT get warm!!

Subject: Re: Truck Will NOT get warm!! Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 8:49 AM

The truck doesn't get warm. Why are so many people looking at the radiator to begin with?
Read the thread. Someone had a question about the temperature of the radiator. We answered it.
Usenet news is like that. Threads go in different directions.
If you are not interested in radiator temps, stop reading this part of the thread.
Jeff

I have been reading the thread.

Someone asked if the temperature of the radiator had been checked.

How could you unless you are/were working on this particular truck.

More like a pointless tangent...

And the OP, is he interested in radiator temps, or is he interested in why the truck doesn't get to normal temperature?
"aarcuda69062" wrote:
The truck doesn't get warm. Why are so many people looking at the radiator to begin with? Is the OP interested in radiator temps, or in why the truck doesn't get to normal temperature? _________________________________________
Good point, aarcuda. The OP's inquiry was ambiguous.
''My truck won't get warm'' could actually mean there is no cabin heat, leading to a fix involving the heater core, air flappers, heater valves, fan resistors, etc.
The OP mentioned that squeezing the radiator hoses got a higher (radiator?) temperature, so I posted some basic thermostat hints, rather than asking him for a better description of the problem or symptoms.
If I misinterpreted the problem I hope he will post again with more information.
Rodan.

The original post stated that the truck was running cool as evidenced by the dash gauge, readings from a scan tool and testing with an infrared pyrometer. Three data points confirming the condition. Nothing ambiguous about it.

And you were right to suggest the thermostat because what else could cause the coolant to not reach normal temperature other than the thermostat being bypassed?
Where he went astray was in assuming that the customer was installing a proper quality thermostat correctly.