Trying to supe up my 2.8L 173ci 84 ranger engine. Need tips and help

I have a 2.8L 173ci 1984 ford ranger. I have already made the exterior awesome. It has a 2" lift, 32" tires, a red 3" role bar, a 3 step front

bumper, a red hood bump and red trim. The ranger itself is black. Now comes my favorite part of the job, the engine. I love engines but my knowledge is not what I would call "mechanic" yet. My goal is to bring up the horses by as much as I possibly can. The same goes with torque. I want it to be fast and strong. I am insisting on keeping the 2.8 for sentimental reasons. Already on my list for things to do include a Comp. Competition camshaft, Holley 390 cfm carburetor, edelbrock headers and a dynomax exhaust. I might adjust the ring and pinion gear to bring up the exeleration to. Any suggestions on improvements on the parts given or other parts altogether would be extremely appreciated.

Reply to
ranger

This NG doesnt get into modding

Reply to