Turn signal stalk

On my 1988 Crown Vic, how do I get that stalk out of the signal switch? I see a notch in the hole it's in but I don't know how specifically to get it out.

"Jody Lee Bruchon" wrote

Grab. Pull. Try not to smash your elbow on the window when it pops out.
Autozone says: http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/10/3c/8b/0900823d80103c8b.jsp
1979-88 Models
2. Use a pulling and twisting motion, while pulling straight out, to remove the turn signal switch lever.
MasterBlaster wrote:

I didn't want to try the brute-force method if it wasn't correct. It's nice to know that some things are designed to be handled by an angry Viking.