Turn signal stalk

On my 1988 Crown Vic, how do I get that stalk out of the signal switch? I see a notch in the hole it's in but I don't know how specifically to get it out.

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

"Jody Lee Bruchon" wrote

Grab. Pull. Try not to smash your elbow on the window when it pops out.

Autozone says:

1979-88 Models

  1. Use a pulling and twisting motion, while pulling straight out, to remove the turn signal switch lever.
Reply to
MasterBlaster

I didn't want to try the brute-force method if it wasn't correct. It's nice to know that some things are designed to be handled by an angry Viking.

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon