Two good reasons to go MacIntosh

  1. Got a Norton anti-virus update notice this morning (1.5MB).
  2. Got a Norton anti-virus update notice this afternoon (1.5MB).

Ask a Mac owner about computer virus and he will answer, "What virus?" Ask a Mac owner about computer spywear and he will answer, "What spywear?"

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Ask a Mac owner about computer software and he will answer, "What software?"

Ask a Chrysler, Ford or GM owner about Mac viruses and spyware, and he will say "WTF does this have to do with my car?"

Other than this:

Bill 2

Ask a Mac owner about the wide range of application sofware available and he will answer, "What application software?"

And what does a Spy wear anyway? A trenchcoat?? :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Didn't you know? the Mac userbase is made up entirely of hippies who just use I-Tunes and the few graphics programs that are out on mac.

Reply to
Paradox

We do know that Windoz users are blue suits who just follow what they are told.

From a Mac, never crashes, totally infection free.

Reply to
Spam Hater

That's because most of the SW home users need comes with a Mac.

Reply to
Spam Hater

And it has that wonderful built-in feature that if you delete it from your startup programs, it adds itself back.

Bill Putney

OMFG!!! This is a particularity of spyware isnt? Going back in the startup after (trying) removing it! Is Quicktime a spyware?

hmmmm...

Reply to
Fastload

Get some Anti virus software.

Reply to
High Sierra

Spam Hater wrote in news:iHate-A97AEA.22180524082005 @news.telus.net:

Oh really! I have had QT.. and on updating PC's just left it out.

What media IS it the standard for? Let's see...I do streaming video of football and soccer, and news excerpts. I dont GAF about Music videos or movies, FTM!

But what movie trailers I do watch, either WMP or Real handles very nicely... but maybe they repackage QT technology?

Of course I come from the 'blue suit' background where we needed software that actually did something to add to the bottom line... whereas Jobs defaulted on his corporate market share in favor of artistic types...

So dont wonder WHY MS and the PC took over.. Apple had the mid-level manager desktop ( Apple IIe and Word Proc, plus visicalc), and gave it away!

I'm sick and tired of Mac users crowing about their superiority in their own little limited spere!

Mac is to computer users what AOL is to the internet! Same target market!

Before you flame back, tell me this.. did Apple invent the GUI? Did their suit against MS on Windows have merit?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Nomen Nescio wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@dizum.com:

Of COURSE....Mac's OS is VIRUS proof! Right?

Or MAYBE there's ANOTHER reason for that...or TWO

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

now if you were a hacker would you hack the system where few will get affected or the one where many will be affected. only reason Mac/UNIX are considered safer is because so few (comparatively) people use them.

Reply to
dmac

"dmac" wrote in news:1124984277 snipped-for-privacy@spool6-east.superfeed.net:

And because the MS hack game was STARTED by Unix/Linx dweebs!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Dweeb is a good thing.

MS

Reply to
High Sierra

get a life. both companies are owned by the very same person. duhhhh.......

Reply to
Frank Ross

That's because nobody is going to bother writing a virus that will affect, what, 25 people? If you think there is a reason other than this, you are quite delusional.

See above.

Reply to
Mark

Sounds like someone's jealous.

Reply to
Carroll Boardway

It really is Apple and it is quite widespread. I use it to play movies produced on my Minolta stills camera. Won't play on another format.

I tried to without QT (trying to minimise stuff on my computer) but cannot. I need Real player to run BBC programmes (long story but somehing to do with what format was available when the BBC started offering audio files) and I use WMA for other things.

DAS Windows user, not fanatic about Mac

Dori A Schmetterling

Which two?

Not obvious to what you replied.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Oh, Christ.

Here we go again with the smug Macintologists vs. the blinkered, yappy, defensive Microsoftians.

And in completely inappropriate groups, too.

What fun.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern