Two good reasons to go MacIntosh

Page 1 of 3
1. Got a Norton anti-virus update notice this morning (1.5MB). 2. Got a Norton anti-virus update notice this afternoon (1.5MB).
Ask a Mac owner about computer virus and he will answer, "What virus?"
Ask a Mac owner about computer spywear and he will answer, "What spywear?"

Ask a Mac owner about computer software and he will answer, "What software?"
Ask a Chrysler, Ford or GM owner about Mac viruses and spyware, and he will say "WTF does this have to do with my car?"
Other than this:
http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=Misc/hum_ms_cars.htm
Nomen Nescio wrote:

Ask a Mac owner about the wide range of application sofware available and he will answer, "What application software?"
And what does a Spy wear anyway? A trenchcoat?? :-)
Matt

spywear?"
Didn't you know? the Mac userbase is made up entirely of hippies who just use I-Tunes and the few graphics programs that are out on mac.

We do know that Windoz users are blue suits who just follow what they are told.
From a Mac, never crashes, totally infection free.

That's because most of the SW home users need comes with a Mac. <:)
Think about it, M$ is strictly a software company. They aren't going to give away their lively hood. Apple is a hardware company which also makes some excellent software, used on both Macs and Win.
Many Win users many not know it, but their Quicktime which is the internet standard for media, is an Apple product and Apple gives it away.
Spam Hater wrote:

And it has that wonderful built-in feature that if you delete it from your startup programs, it adds itself back.

away.
OMFG!!! This is a particularity of spyware isnt? Going back in the startup after (trying) removing it! Is Quicktime a spyware?
hmmmm...
Fastload wrote:

Well, while some spyware does that, it is not a defining characteristic of spyware. Perhaps one could reasonably put it in the broader category of "malware", but even that might be a stretch. Think of what the names "spyware" and "malware" mean in their pure sense, and I think you'll see what I mean. Does it fit into the category of "annoying"? Absolutely!
To get rid of it, you have to edit the registry - but the first time after that that you watch a video that uses QT - there it is again loading itself at every startup.
Bill Putney wrote:

It wasn't quite that difficult for me. I used the QuickTime settings applet in Windows Control Panel, went to the Browser Plug-in section, unchecked QuickTime system tray icon, and I'm done.
snipped-for-privacy@iname.com wrote:

Hmmm - I just learned something. And they said that was impossible!

Oh really! I have had QT.. and on updating PC's just left it out.
What media IS it the standard for? Let's see...I do streaming video of football and soccer, and news excerpts. I dont GAF about Music videos or movies, FTM!
But what movie trailers I do watch, either WMP or Real handles very nicely... but maybe they repackage QT technology?
Of course I come from the 'blue suit' background where we needed software that actually did something to add to the bottom line... whereas Jobs defaulted on his corporate market share in favor of artistic types...
So dont wonder WHY MS and the PC took over.. Apple had the mid-level manager desktop ( Apple IIe and Word Proc, plus visicalc), and gave it away!
I'm sick and tired of Mac users crowing about their superiority in their own little limited spere!
Mac is to computer users what AOL is to the internet! Same target market!
Before you flame back, tell me this.. did Apple invent the GUI? Did their suit against MS on Windows have merit?
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Sounds like someone's jealous.
Oh, Christ.
Here we go again with the smug Macintologists vs. the blinkered, yappy, defensive Microsoftians.
And in completely inappropriate groups, too.
What fun.
DS

I dunno...maybe not Sometimes one of them crashes! ;-)
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, James C. Reeves wrote:

*chuckle*
It really is Apple and it is quite widespread. I use it to play movies produced on my Minolta stills camera. Won't play on another format.
I tried to without QT (trying to minimise stuff on my computer) but cannot. I need Real player to run BBC programmes (long story but somehing to do with what format was available when the BBC started offering audio files) and I use WMA for other things.
DAS Windows user, not fanatic about Mac
"Backyard Mechanic" < snipped-for-privacy@yaywho.com> wrote in message
Exactly. There are several competiting standards. Although your need for Quicktime does not sound like a Internet requirement, but one imposed by your camera manufacturer. If you didn't have the camera, you likely wouldn't need Qucktime.

James C. Reeves wrote:

But about the same percentage of digicam shoppers will bother to find out if they can only be used with QT as the percentage of car shoppers that will bother to find out if the cams are belt, chain, or gear driven - important things to know, but, right or wrong, usually not a factor in the buying decision.
get a life. both companies are owned by the very same person. duhhhh.......