UK Ford Galaxy Question

Do you have cruise control on your Galaxy? How do you set the speed etc if you don't have the multi function steering wheel? I'm told the cruise controls are on a stalk - are they easy to use there?
Our old Galaxy has the multi function steering wheel but we've been offered a good price on one without.