UK MOT windscreen question

Hi all,
I got a 1997 R reg Ford Mondeo. I've just noticed it has a crack in the windscreen. This is obscured from the view whilst driving by the rear view
mirror. It is small, less than the size of a 5 pence piece. But it looks pretty deep.
Is this enough to fail an MOT? The MOT is up in two months you see.
Any feedback appreciated.
Chapman.

Often those small cracks can be repaired by a drill-glue-inject process.
research it in your yellow pages
you pay..DEAL with it!
...because a crack not repaired expands, MOT requirements aside.
you pay..DEAL with it!

Call autoglass or someone similar, they will fill it with a vacuum injection process and stop it spreading, its free if u have comprehensive insurance.
Takes them about 15 minutes tops and they come out to you.
--
Nospam

hiya,
If it's not in the swept area of the wipers and/or does not interfere with the drivers forward view then it's not a fail.

It does not appear you have anything to fear from the crack where it is.
According to an article in the April 2001 issue of Practical Classics magazine: "The most critical area is a band 290mm wide directly in front of the driver in the area swept by the windshield wipers. Any damage here that won't fit inside a 10mm circle will result in failure. That circle is enlraged to 40mm for the rest of the swept area, and beyond this only damage that weakens the screen's structural integrity will worry the examiner."
290mm.4" 10mm=0.4" 40mm=1.5"
If I were you, I'd get a glass shop to patch the chip before it spreads into a crack.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ