UK: Thinking of buying a Scorpio

Hi there,      I'm new here, and in the UK. I'm thinking of buying a Scorpio 2.9 Cosworth Ultima, probably 1996-1998.
    Does anyone have any tips or info about scary things I should look
out for?
    If I drop my requirements down a bit in engine size or trim level, am I losing out that much? It's just that the top spec Scorpios seem a little thin on the ground...