Un even use of brake pads

I own windstar 95, and have notice change, that the pad on a cylinder side was almost gone while on the opposite side there was still about 5 mm - 1/8
inch left.
Is there any extra adjustment that has to be made to make the pad usage even on both sides?
Thanks in advance,
Wes

1/8 in difference is normal wear. Some cars have bigger differences.
That is telling you that the caliper slide pins are beginning to lose their lubrication. When you change the pads, you need to obtain some caliper slide pin lube, remove all the slide pins, clean the pin bore and the inside of the boots.(if boots and pins are damaged--replace as needed..) Refill pin bore, and inside of boots with lube and reassemble. If the pins and boots lose their lubrication, you will have serious damage to the rotors, and possible the calipers too. Not to mention , braking power.!

faster on the piston side. The amount of wear he disribed is normal. You are correct that the pins ect should be cleaned/lubed as needed. This should be done at the same time as the brake job regardless.
I did not say his Caliper was sticking..please read my post again, but rather .." Caliper Slide Pins..." These pins are what the caliper floats on..slides back and forth on to enable the pads to come into contact with the rotor. When the Caliper is not sliding freely, the in-board/piston side pads wear faster. Before I was taught this in class, I found this out the Hard Way...and that is the cold hard facts..!

Thank you VERY MUCH for this info!
Wes

I'd like to see a set of brake pads with such EVEN wear as that!
Unless you have pistons on both sides of your caliper, then the outboard pad will always wear less than the inboard one.
I have never seen it otherwise.

You are not maintaining your brakes properly. The calipers should be free to float. Disassemble, clean and lub the sliders. One should jab the brakes hard on occasion to keep them free
mike hunt