Valve rattle?

Threaded View

I have an automatic Ford Escort ZX2 '98, 91.000 miles. I am having this
rattle-like noise as I drive, usually it occurs on acceleration or when
driving uphill. What can cause this noise/rat-a-tat-tat-rattle/pinging?
How much is it to fix at the car repair? Thanks!

Re: Valve rattle?

Clean the MAF, change the fuel filter and plugs. It can be caused by lean
mixture, EGR not functioning correctly, timing incorrect, engine
overheating.

Re: Valve rattle?

Or maybe he just has a loose converter shield that rattles as he
accelerates. Cost=0

Site Timeline