VIN number on Lincoln Navigator

Hi I live in Sweden and has just bought a Lincoln Navigator ultimate 4x4

- 2004 mod. But to get it on Swedish plates I have to find where they have stamped in the VIN number on the frame or make a garage stamp it in for me on the correct place.. I got one suggestion sounding like this : "Ford puts the VIN on the frame of the vehicle near the transmission on the driver side. They then spray it with undercoating which makes it impossible to find. " So that only the police is able to see it. So is this the only place at the frame to find it? If its a place more, please tell me where to find it. I have found one just under the front window. Where else ?

One question more. Here we must have signal light back in orange. On the Lincoln they are in red. But is it true that it will fit with glasses from Expedition?

When I write to Lincoln they never answer or answer only by sending you an other place, where you dont get the help you need. Is this a comment policy of Ford company. It is hopeless to get information about the Lincoln here, since it is so few of theme in Scandinavia. So I appreciate al information possible. Also if someone know of a good place to send questions about it on email.

Cissi

Reply to
cissi

The factory does not undercoat over the framerail VIN stamping, but somebody else might have sprayed some on over it later. And I don't think /any/ government agency will accept one that you stamp on yourself - the whole idea is to identify a stolen car, if it's not done at the factory it will be obvious... It's there, you just have to find where 'there' is.

The Navigator and Expedition are a common chassis so the lamp assemblies should physically interchange - but there's another far bigger problem. If your car has the 'American' style lights where one set of taillamps double as both brake and turn signals, you will have to modify the car wiring. The 'European' system has a separate lamp on each side for stop (red) and turn (amber).

They might have the extra wire in the body harness, but I doubt it. Splitting the turn signals will be fairly involved.

I'd ask for an exemption so you can leave the taillights as-is. Get a copy of your Vehicle Codes and start looking through all the fine print for loopholes, they are a universal fact of life. ;-)

The people behind you will figure it out pretty fast, especially with the Center High-Mounted Stoplight over the back window. We've had the two-taillight system since the Model A and it works fine.

Try

in the USA if all else fails...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Hi Bruce And thank you. Yes they have told me at the registration office to stamp theme on a garage if we cant find it else where . But of course they have seen that one under the window and I think also one on the front door. But they must have it on the frame to, since we show the car here everyyear. They will have it easly seen under on the frame. But they said that I needed to know where Lincoln puts it. So that I get it on the correct place. I have only looked under the car, and then also by the transmission on the driver side. But is it possible to have a stamp inside the car on the frame there ?

Do you know where they put the VIN nr ? Exept from under the front window and the door.

you write : I'd ask for an exemption so you can leave the taillights as-is. Get

Its not possible in Scandinavia to get any exemptions for this signal light it must be in orange. What did you ment with a copy of my vehicle codes and start to looking trhough all the fint print for loopholes? My english is not that good :0) I think I know what you ment with loopholes but not for wich use?

I must ask one thing more, the dvd in the car is for american code 1 but europe is 2 , is there anyway to change this codes . I know you can do it on dvd players you have this remote controll to, but there is no remote controll to this one. The same is it with the navigator system. Must I change the hole thing or is it a way to program theme over to zone 2?

Cecilie

Reply to
cissi

The VIN should be on a plate at the base of the windshield, driver side. The VIN is also on the vehicle TITLE.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

Thanks Sharon. But the OP was trying to find out where else on the truck there is a serial number, like on the frame. The OP needs to know for registration.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Look around the car there are at least twenty places that will display the VIN, beside the VIN plate on the Dash, and door sticker .

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hi Thank you al so much for trying to help. It would help me a lot if someone really knew where on the fram I shall look. And if I dont find it where is the correct place at the frame to place it. Can the right place be at the driver side near the transmission. Some one said it could have been placed there. Cecilie

Reply to
cissi

ALL of the major components, and many of the larger parts, are marked with the VIN. Look around, WBMA

mike