Vinyl tops

Gentlemen,
How difficult is it to remove a vinyl top to fix some rust spots on a 87 Town Car ( full vinyl top)
Can the vinyl top be re-used after the repair?
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Regards

Better read it all before you call me that

Just rip the sucker off.

No
.. either have a new pretentious and out-of-style cover put on or finish and paint it.

Vinyl tops SUCK.. I'm an old fart and I thought they were out-of-style, pretentious and retro by the early 80's
And the F&(*Y)*&G rust wouldnt have been there in the first place if it was painted.

You're welcome.
Rants about bad taste styling/owner options are free of charge

and
was
Wow, I never knew you hated vinyl tops so much. Personally I think they look awesome. Though I think they can look bad on some cars. I don't like them on Mustangs... I've only seen a handful of pictures of Mustangs with vinyl tops and they all looked weird. I like full-size Fords in vinyl tops and I think Chargers just look downright mean with a vinyl top. I agree with you though, they are a bitch when it comes to promoting rust. I've got some under my top on the '68 at the bottom corners of the rear window... I'm not looking forward to fixing it. My '67 has some rust in those corners by the rear window but it's not all cancery and threatening like the rust on the '68, which was garage kept nearly it's whole life whereas the '67 lived outside.
I do loathe the vinyl tops on '80s era cars though. They look more like felt than vinyl! Ugh!
Cory