Want to choose discrete options, not packages

Page 4 of 4

Have you walked into a dealership and tried to order a new car not already on the lot or on some dealers lot within 50 miles of that dealer of late?
(...)

Most people are ignorant of how their cars work. When something is lit that is not usually lit or blinking, it gets our attention. I can't tell you which lights go on when I first turn the key.
Just like most people don't care that much about what happens after they flush the toilet - as long the stuff goes down the drain without a flood, they are happy. And as long as there are no unusual lights on thier dash, they are happy, too.
Jeff

Yes, well it's been demonstrated that people in society have not been able to adapt to a technological lifestyle, other than being a pure consumer. People today know less about how the food that keeps them alive is created, then at any point in history I think.
I don't think that state of affairs is really going to last, though. Not over the long term, over hundreds of years. Most of the ability of society to exist as a collection of ignorant consumers is due to the availability of cheap energy, and once the oil runs out, cheap energy is going to go away. At that time people will have to go back to the old way of you buy something then you keep it a long. long time, because the cost to replace what you have with something new will be astronomical. And the only way people will be able to do that is to learn to do their own maintainence. (or a good portion of it)
Ted
That sound like President Carters view of the future thirty some years ago . He was wrong as well. LOL
mike hunt

The vast majority of people do not want to wait several weeks for the exact car they want. Most people want a car right away. Plus, many of the incentives may be gone when the car arrives.
And, people usually want the same group of things.
Jeff
says...

What's your point in posting this? You and I both know it can't be done that way. You can either buy the packages they offer, not not buy at all. The other option is to buy a stripper and then get after market parts to get what you want. It may end up costing you more and not end up being what you expected. --------------- Alex