Wanting to start project

Hey Im 14, but when i can drive i wanna have like a old Ford mustang. I like the 69ish fastbacks
My dad used to race cars, and knows a little something about
cars, so i was thinkin we could prolly buy an old, run down mustang body off ebay, and work on it together.
So i was wondering how much money would it cost about. How much time it would take? and maby other interesting pointers ya got.
Am looking to get something with: V-8 like 250+ hp Fast, like 130ish+mph preferably fastback and just a nice lookin body, including a spoiler and stuff like that. Say if what i want is too unrealistic
Im not a very big car guy so don't be tooo technical if u can avoid it.
lookin to get something kinda like this:
http://www.voorend.nl/overmustangs/historie/hist-69-fastback.jpg
thx
Well, you have chosen a great project there! It will be especially nice if it's something that you and your dad build together.
If you're looking for a bit more on info, you may also try this group rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang Lots of guys and gals in there who have done plenty with their Mustangs. Several of them hang out in this group too.
Not being one for "old iron" I cannot advise you on which Mustang to buy, but someone will be able to. The photo you posted is a nice looking car!
Best of luck to you.
Kate 98 Cobra Drop Top.