warman fails year 4

Several years ago, I recall a similar concerns with some of the pick ups.

>The cure was to service the transmission (believe it or not). Transmission >line pressures are very high in reverse and the power required was more than >the engine could deliver at idle. More recently, some of the diesel/4R100 >trucks were also having a nearly similar concern in extreme cold temps.... >the cure in this case was to switch to synthetic ATF. > >HTH.

LMFAO

more advice from a guy who i opinion works in a hack shop

FAIL year 4 auto trannies

its the lock up torque beiing enguaged

i bet it does it in manual low too

replace the torque and tranny your pump is prolly fied too

h u r c

> >> i have a 1991 ford tempo, 4 cylinder. runs good but when you put it in >> reverse it stalls. it doesn't stall in any other gear. any suggestions >> on what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated. thanks. >> >
Reply to
international444