Washer Fluid Filter?

My washer fluid resevoir was leaking, was frequently filling it up not realizing this. Last time I filled it up I was out again within a few days, filled it up and took a look at the hose going from the washer
fluid pump to the spray nozzles and noticed a small white filter mounted inline with the 1/4" rubber hose. The fluid was leaking from the plastic housing. I tried removing the filter and it disintegrated in my hands. I have called Ford, looked everywhere on line and went to a couple of national parts stores, nobody stocks them.
Any ideas? I removed the hose and filter from the spray nozzles to the washer pump and replaced them with just one piece of hose, so I have windshield washing ability during the winter months.
I was just surprised that I could not find a replacement filter anywhere, not that it is causing any driveability problems or anything. <g>
Thanks, Matt
[...]
Check the hose where it connects to the plastic tank also. Mine went there and it really wasn't noticable until I took it off.
I already found the filter and removed it because it failed, was looking for a replacement filter.
Matt

Go to the dealer. I imagine it shouldn't cost more than a few bucks (actually more than a buck, but this is a dealer).
Jeff

I called them, they were no help.
Matt

I am not really sure you even need a filter on it. But, if you insist, get a motorcycle gasline filter. You can pick them up really cheap and almost anywhere, probably even WalMart. They are not made of paper inside. They are just a fine plastic screen. They should also use about the same size hose. Just a guess tho.
Good Luck
Hank

Wasn't able to find anything about an in-line filter, but I did see a couple of articles about a check valve. If you want, try one of the glass in-line gas filters; the one I got for my old Mustang II came with 3 different size fittings that screwed into each end. I got it at AutoZone. Might be effective enough for washer fluid- they have a small plastic mesh filter element inside. Good luck! SC Tom

I just used an off-the-shelf plastic body fuel filter that fit into the line. I figure that if the paper filter will not disintegrate in gasoline, washer fluid should be no problem.