Washer fluid in coolant part 2

I flushed out the reservior, blue juice came out followed by brown residue(not thick, but thicker than water.
So this tells me it is time to flush my cooling system.
I have a reverso osmosis water filter system in my kitchen. Is this what they mean by distilled water? Can i use the water from my RO system when refilling my collant system? If not i assume that i can by distilled water in the grocery store for a few bucks a bottle eh?
My rad was recorred years ago(before the engine rebuild) Should i add anything else when i am refilling it?(like bars leak etc.)
Thanks for all the help. Gears