Washer Pump ? Ford Festiva

I had my Windshield washer pump replaced about 14 months ago. It just went bad again, the mechanic replaced again [$31]. It's a ANCO pump[he said thats
all that would fit it] is it likely to go bad again or do you think I just had a bad one? Thanks for your input. I love my Festiva {1993 L} but the little stuff is starting to annoy me. It has 58,000 miles on it.
Stephen FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL
Stephen wrote:

week and about 1/2 gal of fluid a month in the car i use... i guess she uses the washer alot more than i do.. mine will last longer.... from not being used.. do you sit 0n the pump when you want the windows washed.. that might be the problem... how about a ford pump to replace it as it might last longer?????