water pump leaking

I have water pump leaking from a unthreaded hole on the side of it going into the pump not into the motor like a bolt up hole -Is this a freeze plug and can it be replaced -this is the original waterpump
thanks for all ideas hlb
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:17:05 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (HL B123) wrote:

need a new water pump.
"HL B123" wrote:

You didn't say what vehicle the water pump is in, so I'll assume it's the 1998 Ford F-150 V8 you mentioned on Mombu.com.
Assuming this is what your pump looks like:
http://cardone.com/Imagesftp/55/5523324-01.jpg
The top pic shows the small weep hole back near the mounting flange, between the two upper ribs. The bottom pic shows some kind of large plug on the front, possibly for a hose fitting that isn't used. Which of these is leaking? Or are we talking about some other car / truck?
replaced pump -belt and thermostat thanks for pictures and input hlb