We all know to save fuel you need a smaller carburetor

We all know to save fuel you need a smaller carburetor So I removed the carburetor and filled the intake manifold with a thick chain so there is no chance of the chain going into the system and then I refitted
the carburetor I did this yesterday. I filled up my car and drove 60km and then I filled up again it used 4 liters it looks like it works It should of used 6 liters
My car is a Hyundai Accent 1.3 XS
How ever the performance is about half . But the topend is still there . It takes longer to get there .
can any one tell me if this is good or bad
My name is Jim
That's about the opposite of using a spacer to increase the carb, right?
Doesn't that throw off the sensors, etc? And what about the extra weight factor?
If it was a Ford, especially a classic, I'd say it's a bad idea. But, hey, it's a ricer, right? : )

Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
yup. it only works on ricers with fuel injerction carbolators. we all know if it was a ford, you would increase carb size to gain fuel efficency.

The chain is + - half a meter in side the intake manifold to restrict the air and fuel flow from the carburetor so your intake has to be less I do a lot of highway driveing and I go well once Im up to speed

JIM opined in

Whatever turns you on...
I usually find my cars run better and get better mileage right after a wash, and interior detail.

Funny. That's when my lawns look best.... right after all the rain.... : )
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:43:50 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:43:50 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Mine always work best just after I've made the deal to trade the beggars off -----
Why not just bolt a coffee can on the exhaust, that good for at least a 15-20 horsepower boost.
Some yellow stickers and a fire extinguisher will help too.
Is that when the Tribbles start causing Trouble?
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:33:16 GMT, "Jim Warman"
Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
K'laat'u Ba'radda NIchTO....
God, I hope you're old enough to remember that one...

A classic of UFOlogy : ) But BEWARE the Blob! : )
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:31:12 GMT, "Jim Warman"