Weeping Headlight

'01 Taurus right side headlight has started to accumulate moisture inside the plastic outer lens. Anyone have suggestions or previous posts on how to
repair this? Thanks.

It's time for a new car !!!!
p snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net says...

It depends on where it's leaking. I had one do that. After I dried it out, it's been fine since.
It's easy to remove them (one screw and two pull-up straps.) Remove the bulbs, carefully shake out any loose water, then let it dry. I forced it dry by using a hairdrier and blowing into one of the bulb holes.
Make certain the bulbs are properly seated and any seals on them are in good condition. Check all the seams and look for any cracks.
There is a 'vent' on the headlight. I think it had sort of a cap on it, with some foam behind that, to let air in/out, but not water.

your Taurus is sad, have you been performing regular basice maintenance on it. Maybe wash and wax by hand in your driveway?

lights on for a while and 'cooking ' it off
P&V wrote:

bulb and you get a new o-ring. If that doesn't do it, there's a crack at the joining seam. To fix that, pull headlight, apply silicone sealant at the seam, and use a vacuum cleaner to pull the sealant into the crack(s) for a few minutes. Let sealant dry overnight, and then reinstall headlight and bulb.
A glue seam in the body of the light assembly has been compromised. Replace the entire assembly.