weird noise from my Escort

hello,
Iíve got a 1999 Ford Escort SE sedan with automatic transmission and 95K miles.
it started making a high-pitch oscillating sound yesterday. it only
happens when Iím in drive and the car is in motion; if I let off the gas it still occurs. the oscillating noise slows down as my car does and ceases when my car comes to a complete stop. also, it doesnít occur when the car is in reverse.
Iím wondering if it might be the transmission (what with the high-mileage)? however, it shifts gears smoothly with no jerking or any other problem.
Iím taking it to the shop tomorrow. if it is the transmission (which Iím afraid it is) Iíll probably just dump the car and buy another one.
thanks!
‚úĖ
Could be a front wheel bearing, right side. Mine made noises like that when it wore out. Trans was fine.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ