what do Ford guys think about Chevy Avalanche?

Personally I think it really sucks! Here's why
1. Numerous oil burning complaints 2. Ridiculous bed is to small for anything useful, why would any one drive
it then; soccer practice 3. Someone who drives a vehicle which is made out of ughly grey plastic and thinks it is an atractive auto should have a urine test. 4. A really unpleasant ex-girlfriend (who I ditched in a bar aftrer 3 weeks of dating) drove one. She also smelled bad. 5. My neighbor in my apartments has one. Pretty loud booming stereo at 3am. Piece of trash! Yo rap music sucks a-hole, keep it to yourself. 6. Did I mention it was a chevy 7. I really hate Chevy since they cancelled the Z-28 Camaro. Now that was a cool looking GM car.
I think it was a fair idea executed poorly. If GM had left the design up to their truck people, it might have turned out alright, but it looks like somewhere along the line the idiots resposible for that butt-ugly Aztec van abortion got their fingers in the pie.
I was driving along a couple of months ago and saw one of these actually 'hauling' a few pieces of lumber. Of course, the back of the pasenger compartment was opened up for the wood to fit into the bed (and back seat area!). The funny thing was, it looked like it could have started raining at any time. Why would anyone want a truck, but have to open the passenger compartment up to the weather? One could only imagine how bad it would be if the A/C or heater had to be running...

and
weeks
was
J,
You can haul lumber in an Avalanche and not get the inside wet, provided the rear window and cargo bed covers are in place. The rear window is separate from the midgate.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,726 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Good thing it wasn't raining yet, then!! This guy had no cover.

Actually........there is a nylon bag that comes with the vehicle that all 3 sections of the cargo covers fit into & it has straps that you tie to the LH side of the cargo box.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,726 miles_~_~_ ~_~_

Of course they suck!!!! Here's why:
1. It's not a car, it's not a van, it's not a truck either. It's a butt-ugly MONSTER! 2. Any insane sports mom would drive it cuz they think it's cool. I'd call that thing a worthless scrap metal. 3. They're gas hogs! Oil Burning complaints is one of them. 4. They're designed by the same idiots who made the butt-ugly Pontiac Aztecs. 5. Crappy GM/Delphi factory made car stereo system. 6. Of course, it's a Chevy. Crappy Hogging Engines, Very Yucky! 7. I really hate Chevy since the Chevrolet brothers left Ford Motor Company and GM bought Chevy. (That was way before I was born, of course.) The Camaros SUCK!!!!!
~CyberWolf
I'll bet you read that in the same magazine that said the SVT Focus 2DR hatchback can go from 0-60 in 1.3 seconds. ;)
mike hunt
I really hate Chevy since the Chevrolet brothers left Ford Motor Company and GM bought Chevy. (That was way before I was born, of course.)

Right again! I read about the Chevy Avalanche and the SVT Ford Focus 2DR hatchback in either Road & Track, Car & Driver or Motor Trend magazines. ;-)
~CyberWolf
Wrong again. A V10 Viper can't even do that, it takes a Viper 3.9 to get to 60. The SVT is 7.4. Louis Chevrolet was a race car driver that GM used to promote their cars. you must have read about the Dodge brothers and Chrysler
mike hunt
CyberWolf wrote:

Thanks for correcting me if I was wrong about the SVT Focus. However, I remember reading about the SVT Focus in one of the magazines a few years back. I also read about the Dodge Viper V-10's and I could care less about them. I'm not a fan of either Daimler/Chrysler or GM. I'm always a true Ford man. I would always buy a vehicle in the Ford family. (If I can afford one, meaning the Jaguar or the Volvo, but could never afford an Aston Martin.) I like Ferrari too, but could never afford one.
I am also a huge motorsports fan. I am a Ford, Jaguar, and Ferrari racing fan. I watch NASCAR, CART, Formula 1, ALMS, IMSA and nearly every racing series except for the IRL. I like any sportscars in the sportscar racing series powered by Ford.
You know what's funny about the Chevy powered indy cars in the IRL? They are Cosworth engines powered by Ford originally built for the Ford teams in CART. The Chevy teams in the IRL asked Cosworth to rent the engines to the team and it's funny that Ford allowed the Chevy teams in the IRL to rent their Ford/Cosworth engines. Those engines got a Chevy stamp on them. The Chevy teams in the IRL are not exactly "stealing" Ford Thunder. They're "renting" Ford Thunder. This was in Racer magazine last summer. Source: Racer Magazine. See www.racer.com for back issue articles.
~CyberWolf
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com says...

<snip>
What's the difference? An IRL Cosworth has as much in common with a production Ford motor as a production Chevy.

What do you know about racing, John? You obviously don't have a clue what I was talking about.
~CyberWolf
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com says...

Gee, you made fun of the Chevy guys because they used a "Ford" motor. And I said, basically, what's a Cosworth IRL motor got to do with Ford. What did I miss?

Ford OWNS Cosworth.
~CyberWolf
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com says...

Yes, but what parts off of that motor would you find on a Ford vehicle? There's not a even a nut or bolt with a Ford part number. I didn't want to get into some big debate about this, only to point out that what's used in an IRL motor has absolutely nothing in common with a street Ford, other than the name.

John, this isn't a debate. However, I enjoy our converstation about Cosworth engines even if I can't really pin-point those engine specs. Technically, the Cosworth engines are not production based engines. They're mainly used for racing. Cosworth has built racing engines for Ford and Jaguar. I hear that Aston Martin are building race cars again and might race in the American LeMans Series. It's likely that Cosworth would help build those racing engines for Aston Martin. If you want more information about Cosworth engines, try these links.
www.cosworth.com
www.cosworthracing.com
www.jaguar-racing.com (Jaguar F1 team)
www.minardi.it (Minardi F1 team)
www.f1jordan.com (Jordan F1 team)
www.wrc-cosworth.org (World Rally Championsip Fords)
www.fordracing.com (US site)
www.fordracing.net (UK site?)
I hope these sites helps you find the information you need. Last, but not the least. I *always* make fun of the Chevy guys even at the races I go to. (Sounds like a true Ford man, huh?) Formula 1 is my most favorite racing series. CART is my second favorite. I enjoy almost every racing series, but the IRL is my least favorite racing series.
~CyberWolf
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com says...

And they even helped design a production four banger for the Chevy Vega, way back when. For some strange reason they don't list it on their credits, though ????

I'd heard something about the Aston Martin/Cosworth link, too. Should prove fun.

Enh, I've got a Blazer, the little lady has an Explorer, gave my son my Nissan. All are reliable. Every maker builds good stuff, and every one of them builds crap on occasion. Lately, GM's been sucking the most with piston slap and leaking intakes. Never have been able to make any sense of Dodge's wiring "methods".
I also have a Triumph Spitfire, 78 model with Weber DGV carb. It keeps my tools from rusting. In fact, wear is becoming an issue ;)

Yeah, Cosworth did design a production based 4 banger for the Chevy Vega way back then. I don't know why Cosworth didn't list it in their credits.

My brother told me last night that Aston Martin would probably run in the ALMS this year at around the end of the season.

My dad has a 2003 Explorer XLT. I find that very reliable for towing, off roading, and driving in the snow. Some of my friends has a Chevy Trail Blazer. Those are nice, but they only have an inline 6 cyl. engine. They're also built a little too "low" on the ground. The Explorers comes in either V6 or V8. My dad's Explorer is a V8. The Nissan, I could care less. The Dodge wiring "methods" NEVER makes sense. It doesn't make sense at all by putting a "hemi" engine in an SUV.

Triumph vehicles were awesome! They were built in the UK. It's too bad that they only make motorcycles nowadays (if they still make motorcycles.) Those motorcycles are awesome! I currently drive a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL Premium. However, I might buy an SVT Mustang Cobra someday. My dream car has always been the 1970 Boss 302 Mustang and the 1968 Mercury Cyclone GT 390 Fastback. My dad used to have the '68 Cyclone GT 390 Fastback. I wish he had kept it.
~CycberWolf
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com says...

It's fun. It was a basket case when I got it, and I got a parts car with it. Only good thing about it was that there was only one relatively small rust hole in the floorboard, just in front of the pedals. I've got it painted Metallic Red. Last thing I need for it to really look good is a set of Rims. I've got the stock ones on it now.

I think you'd like my brother's Mustangs. The page takes a little while to load. He's in the military. He put it up on Angelfire years ago so he wouldn't have to keep bouncing it around. Sorry for all the pop up crap.
69 Mach I 428 Super Cobra R Code, about as original as it gets. http://www.angelfire.com/id/mustangmania/index.html
His 69 351 had an awesome paint job. click on the pics, pic22 is the finished car. http://www.angelfire.com/id/mustangmania/homepage.html
He sold the R code and is currently doing a Shelby. I love the Shelby's, but that R code was a very unique car.
I'll get around to putting my stuff online some day. I work with these damn computers every day, and I've got Frontpage and have used it, but I never seem to want to build a site with my stuff.