What Engine?

what engine came stock in a 79 ford ltd?

was it the 302 or the 5.0? i was told my car had a 302 but the sticker on the valve cover says 5.0. i dont know what to believe
302 = 5.0L Same engine. Claud
Amber wrote:

the 302 IS the 5.0 litre. The standard engine was I'm pretty sure a straight six, but someone here will know for sure. Maybe the 300 ci(I forget if it was 299, 300, or 301). It was a new body style for 79.
--
-brad-
The answers to life's problems aren't found at the bottom of a bottle.
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:01:16 -0400, "-brad-" <bcpuddephatt @ sympatico . ca> wrote:

The 300 six was never installed in a passenger car by Ford. It's smaller 240 sibling was installed in earlier models but, I don't believe it made it into anything that late. I believe '79 was the first year of the 5.0L engine which is an update on the 302. The update was a change in the way the engine was balanced changing the crank balance factor from 28 oz to 50 oz thus the change in identification. Unless you try to intermix the involved parts, the engines are the same from an operational standpoint. The bottom line is that the engine are similar and related yet, definitely, very different.

301).
My memory ain't what it used to be but I thought Ford offered the 300 inch six in passanger cars in the early 60's. I knew twin brothers, one had a 283 Chevy with 3 on the tree and his brother had a Ford Sunliner with a 2bbl six with 3 speed and OD. The six whipped the 283 just about every time. The 300 put out gobbs of torque.

Not quite. The I6 offered for the Sunliner was a 223 cubic inch engine. It was not the design of the 240/300 I6 we know and love today. The other engine options were V8's a 292 CI and 352 CI.

here
The Tempo/Topaz 2.3 and the Taurus 2.5 was the offshoot of that engine, similar to the car I6 engine. Both push rod engines. The 2.3 OHC was similar the 2.0 OHC.

here
I know all to well the potential of the OHC engine, In the late 70's early 80's I got tired of racing ( read that ran out of money ) V8's.

someone
or

here
That may be the way your remember things, but what I posted was factual. I'm sure it will make you happy so I'll give you the last word. I'll have no more comment on the subject.
mike hunt
"C. E. White" wrote:

That would be because you are only partially correct.

someone here

or
302 cu. in..... 1 in = 2.54 cm, 1 cu in = 2.54 *3= 16.387 cu. cm
16.387 X 302 = 4948.89 cu cm
1 L = 1000 cu cm.......
302 cu in = 4.94889 L...................
Welcome to the Standard/Metric Confusion........