What Ford Should Make

Any ideas what Ford should make? I would vote for a Taurus designed inside for a full size man of European descent to sit in, and operate comfortably with good visibility instead of an egg crate designed around a 4 ft tall asian woman who can't see anyway. They've been making cars for a 100 years too, so they could skip leaving out systems they plan will break on purpose.

Reply to
Tom Line

You will find what you want in the new Ford 500 coming to market shortly.

mike hunt

Tom L>

Reply to
MikrHunt

Out for a (s)troll are you?

Name me a few cars that have MORE headroom than a Taurus.

-ivan-

Tom L>Any ideas what Ford should make? I would vote for a Taurus designed inside

Reply to
ivan

My ancestors come from Germany and Swizterland. I am 6'1", and weigh too much (about 225 lbs). I fit inside a Ford Taurus just fine.

A little cultural bias?

I didn't know they break anything on purpose.

What Ford should make is cars that sell better.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Ford makes now that I'm interested in is the Crown Vic, but I don't want that big a car. This 500 sounds veeerrry interesting. Like the looks of the

500 and the trannies sound good. However, being a new model could be trouble for a couple years. Want to see the pricing on these also. Just have to be patient and wait a while.
Reply to
Paul

Ford should make cars that don't fall apart so easily.

They should also make a 2 door hatchback, like the Probe, older Escorts, late model Cougar etc.

One of the reasons that I'm planning on keeping my current car as long as possible due to lack of a suitable 2DR hatchback replacement.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

I'm 6' and my right knee buries solidly into the dash. Their ergonomics/human factors people know just enough to be dangerous.

: My ancestors come from Germany and Swizterland. I am 6'1", and weigh too : much (about 225 lbs). I fit inside a Ford Taurus just fine. : :> and operate comfortably :> with good visibility instead of an egg crate designed around a 4 ft tall :> asian woman who can't see anyway. : : A little cultural bias? : :> They've been making cars for a 100 years :> too, so they could skip leaving out systems they plan will break on :> purpose. : : I didn't know they break anything on purpose. : : What Ford should make is cars that sell better. : : Jeff : :>

:> -- :> Tom Line :> tlineN0 snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com :>

:>

: :

Reply to
Tom Line

Are you insane? The Ford Focus hatchbacks are suitable enough. What Ford really needs to make are more vehicles in RWD. They should also offer more cars with V8 engines, not just the Mustangs and Crown Vics. V8's are more powerful than V6's.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

Like the '96 Tbird. I planned on buying a new one when mine wore out, but I guess that ain't gonna happen. I wouldn't even care if they brought it back under a different name- I liked those cars- a full-sized V8 2-door coupe. Hey- they could bring it back under the "Galaxie" name! (I ain't holding my breath)

Reply to
Brian Steele

The whole MN-12 platform should make a comeback! Well designed, well engineered, balanced autos, and lots of fun, too!

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

They should start making the Probe again. I had a '95 Probe, which was the best car I ever had. I would have replaced it with a new Probe, but they stopped making them, so I bought an Eclipse.

Since 1965, I've bought 6 new cars and all but one have been Fords. More than half of the used cars and trucks I've bought have been Fords, too.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Reply to
atec77

The Ford 500, coming to market shortly, should suit your needs. FWD/AWD, bigger than the Taurus with a huge trunk.

If Ford wanted to import any of its foreign built models the union can't stop that. There are many examples where they did just that in the past. Production is a management function not a union function.

mike hunt

atec77 wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

Except for its first year the Probe didn't sell well, nor did it sell when they called it a Cougar. FWD sports car, is an oxymoron it appears.

mike hunt

Pavel314 wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

I personally do not consider the Ford Focus to be anywhere near as good or as big in the back as the Escort, Probe, or Cougar with respect to the 2DR hatchback versions of these cars. Plus the quality of the Focus is also questionable.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

You need to test drive a Focus and see for yourself. I've driven a brand new Focus last week while my '02 Taurus SEL was in for service. The Focus is very fast! The speedometer goes up to 140 MPH. Escorts goes up to 120 MPH. The space in the Focus itself is just about the same as the Escort, early

90's Probe and late 90's Coguar. The SVT Focus 2DR hatchback can go from 0-60 in 1.3 seconds.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

EXACTLY!!!!! Bring those European made Fords and those newer Ford Falcons from Australia to America! .......AND SCREW THOSE UNION WORK FORCE!!!!!

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

I was going sell my 2003 Mustang GT convertible in the spring and buy a 300 HP 2005, but I think I will have to look at one of those SVT Focus 2DR hatchbacks, that you said can go from 0-60 in

1.3 seconds, instead. ;)

mike hunt

CyberWolf wrote:

Reply to
IleneDover

Reply to
atec77

Mike,

I know I read in either Car & Driver or Road & Track magazine 2 or 3 years ago about the SVT Focus 2DR hatchbacks. ;-) Ford Focus hatchbacks makes GREAT rally cars too! Ever watch the WRC highlights on Speed Channel?

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf