What happened to finance co. called Centrex Capital?

My Windstar was financed by a co. called Centrex Capital of Florida. But on the duplicate title, their address was in the state of New York. The car was paid off a few years ago, but I never got my blue title. The co. apparently is no longer in business, I was unable to contact them about getting the title or a release of lien. Probably some bank bought them out. What happened to them?

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

Thomas Moats

Another poster pointed this out already, but they surrendered their license in New York and it appears the sales of assets were private. Follow this url for information:

Regards, Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

Jim Caldwell opined in news:bol4as$1f4pqc$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-153828.news.uni-berlin.de:

This should give you a start... also contact state (NY and Fla) better business bureau and commerce depts

If you did a search, you may have not come up pertinent because you need to put the name in quotes to avoid telecom references.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic