What Idiot Designs Ford Interiors?

None of my Fords have had a cancel button. Not a bad idea though. What is the difference between an on/off rocker and an alternate action push button? It is not like Honda has fewer cruise control functions than Ford, they just cheaped out and make button do double duty. Poor human factors design does not equal good design - although I often think Toyota thinks it does - or maybe they think different is better no matter how weird it is. They consistenttly inflict some of the dumbest controls on their Customers I have every seen. Non-intuative, poorly loaceted, and poorly labeled. The inside out heater control knobs are insane (and I see Honda picked up that silly idea as well).

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

photo gallery, interior, pagetwo. The steering wheel shows the same rocker and button setup that Ihave, but the place on the left where I have a "cancel" is a blank piece ofplastic.

A blank piece of plastic. That was obviously well thought out in advance.

Oh, wait! It's different between the Escape and the Escape Hybrid. Wow! That's intuitive. On the Hybrid, there's a cancel button. On the non-hybrid, there's a blank piece of plastic, and you tap the brake pedal to cancel.

A blank piece of plastic... which design is the cheap one? The one that doesn't have a separate button, or one that used to, eliminated it, but didn't get rid of the blank piece of plastic where the button used to be?

I think it is sensible to have the same button do multiple things, pending the last state. Do you have separate on and off buttons on your Ford radio, or do you press the volume knob once to turn it on, and again to turn it off? AM/FM/FM on a single button? preset #1 for three different radio stations or a CD selection?

Functionally, it's whatever you're used to. A friend thought that his Oldsmobile, with reverse at the rearmost position on his console shift, was perfectly intuitive, and couldn't figure out why it was mandated to move to a prndl layout.

Reply to
dold

A Ranger is more of a truck than the average person needs....

A friend just told me bout a relative that bought a Ford F450 SuperDuty Diesel and then spent big buck for new wheels, tires and a lift kit. I asked what he does....he is an office worker.....

Insanity.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Toyota is trying to compete with the GM and Ford trucks when in reality the only 'truck' they can beat in any comparison test is the so called Honda 'truck' the Ridgeline, based on a FWD car chassis LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

An office worker ....with a thirty-five foot boat? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter