What if I forgot to mark the driveshaft?

I forgot to mark the driveshaft on my 93 Mustang GT before removing it.
I found what I believe is the original yellow marking on the pinion, but I can not find any yellow marking on the shaft or u joint.
Are there any other markings on the driveshaft or u joint that indicate the proper orientation?
Does it really matter?
TIA
Steve
Well, Steve... it does and it doesn't.... I like to mark the shaft just so I am 100% sure that I don't introduce a new vibration to the car upon reassembly. Do I occasionally forget for some unexplainable reason... yes. In some cases, it may make a difference but I haven't had any concerns generated as a reult of driveshaft indexing.
To make a long story short.... We should try to index the driveshaft correctly. If we pay attention to the "shadow" on the pinion flange, we have a 50% chance of being right on reassembly. I haven't seen indexing make a noticeable difference yet. But, I can see rotating assemblies getting lighter yet in the future.... As the mass gets smaller, small imbalances will have a greater effect so indexing is still a good habit to get into.
In your case, pay attention to the shadow when you re-install... if you feel there is a vibrationconcern, turn the shaft 180 on the flange and try it like that.
HTH.

the

Jim, It does... Thanks! Steve
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 01:53:09 -0500, "Steve Forrester"

Nope, not a bit on that design.