what is a chaise ground?

what is a "chaise" ground? and can it cause all sorts of misc. and random electrical problems if damaged somehow????? I have a 2004 Ford Freestar that
does weird stuff like clock/radio reset themselves and the auto doors close on own, engine rev's by itself, etc... what could this be?
--
ltarnack

"Chaise" ?!!!! That's a new one!
Since lazy guys like chaises... I assume it's not working hard enough....meaning a grounding point that is either loose or corroded.
Yeah, it could cause the symptoms you describe but the question is, WHICH grounding point. Meaning you will have to 'chaise' the wiring around to find it.
I guess...
you pay..DEAL with it!
My guess is that he meant 'chassis ground', although that doesn't mean much in a unibody vehicle (not familiar with Freestar, but it's unibody, right?). In any case, it may make some sense to check the negative battery strap first.

ltarnack wrote:

electrical problems if damaged somehow????? I have a 2004 Ford Freestar that does weird stuff like clock/radio reset themselves and the auto doors close on own, engine rev's by itself, etc... what could this be?

A relaxing, reclining knoll or patch with support for legs & feet?
Rob

<giggle> .. bamp
Smart Junction Box ??