What is Mach-1 in a Mustang?

What's the Mach-1 in a Ford Mustang? A friend was selling a '73 Ford Mustang Mach-1 for about $2,900(with 60k original miles) and since it looks really
nice on the Net (I haven't seen the car being sold yet) I decided I wanted to learn a little bit more about it. SO what's the Mach-1 in a Mustang? He said it was the last model made in 1973 (I have no idea what that means) so it has A/C. He says it's all original and that they still use it to drive around. What do you guys think? I haven't seen it but if it still runs and it has A/C that works I can only assume that it's not as bad as some of the ones I've seen on the Net. My primary question: I know NOTHING about cars but I've seen this particular on the Net and it looks awesome. Should I consider purchasing it? I know I need to look at it first, but would you initially consider it? Any repairs needed I would have to pay for (I know a lot people buy these types of cars so they can work on it themselves). Also, this would be my daily driving car. I was going to purchase a car anyways (my budget's about $9000) so why not this one ($2900 for the car, the rest to fix it)?
Thanks.
Joe wrote:

First generation Mach 1 Mustangs were produced from 1969-1973.
The 1970 model Mach 1 featured the following:
STANDARD EQPT
- Sportsroof body - Engine: 351W - Trans: 3-speed manual - Competition suspension (heavier springs, shocks, front and rear sway bars) - Deluxe interior with center console, Rim-Blow steering wheel, electric clock, knitted vinyl high-back bucket seats - Non functional hood scoop - Color keyed dual racing mirrors - Twist type hood latches - Center of hood painted either black or white, with tape stripe border and engine size numerals - Grille mounted sportlamps - Honeycomb rear panel with tape stripe on rear deck lid and dye cast "Mach 1" - Dual exhaust system with chrome oval extensions(optional engines only) - Die-cast center deep dish sports wheel covers - Pop-open gas cap - Aluminum Mach 1 rocker panel molding - E70x14 WSW tires (F70x14 RWL on 428CJ)
OPTIONAL EQPT
- Engines: 351C, 428CJ - Trans: 4 speed wide ratio or 4 speed close ratio with "Hurst" shifter or a 3 speed automatic - Functional "Shaker" hood scoop with 351 engines - Traction-Lok limited slip differential - Drag Pack (includes 428SCJ Ram Air Engine, "Shaker" hook scoop, 3.91:1 or 4.30:1 "Detroit Locker" (no-spin) diff, engine oil cooler) - Rear deck spoiler - Power disc brakes - Power steering - Air conditioning - Fold-down rear seat
Check out my 1970 Mach 1 featuring a 351C 4V, 3.50:1 Traction-Lok diff, 4 speed close ratiowith Hurst shifter, "Shaker" hood scoop, fold-down rear seat & rear deck spoiler @ http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt
Go to www.hemmings.com and do a search for one and then check what is being asked..... : )

Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
If you can buy one that is as your discribe, for under $3,000 buy it at once
NADA list a 1973 Ford Mustang Mach I with a 351 V8, AC, 4sp tranny with 60K on the clock as follows;
New cost     $3,088 Low Retail     $8,080 Average Retail $17,750 High Retail    $33,500
Check out Nadaguides.com for further details, WBMA
mike hunt

Good advice. If I saw one of these at price, I think I would snap it up, too.
Maybe the price was really $29,000 and the poster misheard the price.
Jeff
I was well aquatinted with one in the 70's 1973 Mach1: - Paint treatment (black stripes and there were two different treatments available) - fastback - Hood scoops (blocked off no air induction) - (2) twist-down external hood "latches" - 351C 2bbl - 3spd auto - single exhaust - "spoke" wheels - Sport door mirrors - Power windows - am/fm/8-track - electric rear defroster - belted bias ply tires I can't remember if it had a/c
As you can see, by 1973 the Mach 1 was basically a trim package.